Just recently I have been getting used to studying in the Library at Saint Francis. You can hide away at a desk facing Mirror Lake or you can rent a room so you can study with a group of people in your same major. All your materials are right next to you, and there are computers at your fingertips. But what did I do before I was stationed at the Library? In no specified order, here my top five alternative study spots:
1) Cyber Fresh Cafe: Right next to the Library on the second level is our very own Cyber Fresh Cafe. Cyber Fresh is full of computer for studying; some computers have comfortable couches for group work. There is a cafe with wraps, smoothies, and salads for study breaks or a healthy meal. Even though the noise level is significantly higher than the library, this is a great social-study area.
2) Coffeehouses…(on campus): You can get coffee at Cyber Fresh Cafe in JP2, the Trinity Cafeteria, and Cafe on the Corner in Dormer. Cafe on the Corner is only open for a couple of hours in the morning, but located wonderfully for medical students. Cyber fresh has tall tables and a lounging area outside the cafe. There are many diverse areas for a Saint Francis student to relax and study.
3) Jefferson Pointe: Every once in a while I want to get off campus; just to get away from roommates and the same environment. I’m typing this blog at Jefferson Pointe, which is maybe a mile away from the university campus. With free Wifi, I can park myself at Starbucks or Panera and do my work.
4) Firefly Coffeehouse: I cannot mention about studying off campus without mentioning Firefly Coffeehouse. I have come across many different coffeehouses in the Fort Wayne area, but none are as unique as Firefly. First off, it is locally owned. Second, the lounging area is amazing with local art hanging around. Third, there is an awesome craft section which sells handmade postcards, soaps, and jewelry. This is just a great environment to surround yourself.
5) Allen County Public Library: I know it sound cheesy to say a library is a good place to study, but hear me out. I have been able to find all the information at this downtown library. With its size, you can easily find a spot to sit and study with all your resources right next to you. If you get hungry, there is a Dunkin Donuts connected to the library.
If there are any other study spots you can think of that I missed, please comment. If you have any other ideas for ideas for me to blog, please comment in “I have an idea!!!” on the top of the page.